Going back to the topic of college, while my actual journey from home to school took about 14 hours, transitioning from high school to college took much longer. The truth is, I never felt the pressing readiness that my fellow classmates apparently seemed to have felt since “forever ago.” Leaving somewhere so familiar to me and bidding good-bye to my peers was more than just “difficult” as we embarked on our separate paths. As Uncle Joe's family may testify, I was still packing on the night before my departure. I've always been a light traveler, but this time was different. A part of me felt like packing my life into those cubic cases, but physical space was so limited that I can only carry everything in my heart.
Unlike high school, being in college blurs the timeline as it becomes easy - and frequent - to lose one's chronological sense of things. In other words, weeks here can transmute into blissfully fleeting moments or tortuously painful years (for those who are currently trying to endure school/schoolwork, I'm sure you know how the latter feels). Rest assured, for me this occurs without the prerequisite of any usage of illegal substances. On the other hand, one thing that remains constant regardless of where you are is it's always easy to lose track of time.
Speaking of time, I have class in a few minutes so I'll end the post with this: In high school, I didn’t sleep because of projects. In college, it was because of ping-pong.
Stay tuned. And feedbacks on how you are doing? :)
LOL
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I miss you Julie! Come back for Thanksgiving!
lol Ping pong?
i'm doing great, high school's ..... exciting :)
more fun than middle school, but it's really busy... i can't even imagine what college would be like..., oh well, have fun!
-Lawrence Feng :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehaha nice...
ReplyDeleteI like how your passage has some euphemisms!
lol ping pong.
Hope you are doing well, and hope to see you eventually.
-Eddie Lai
HEY MOM!!!
ReplyDeleteI miss you! Everything here with me is pretty cool ^^ except that my math grade and english grades are like terrible ><
but other than that i think that i'm goin thru high school pretty well... i miss you so much! COME VISIT SOON... or maybe i can go there and eat chicken with you O.o LOL LOVE YOU!!! <3
careyyy~~~
ahahaha ping pong...youre pretty cool julie ;D
ReplyDeletecant wait to see you next month~
IM me sometime! username's my name in this post lolol
-Chelsea Chong
decently put, senior year is way too slow
ReplyDeleteat the moment i feel it is unnecessary and i need to go to college fast
pingpong? u serious?
well ok...at least it beats drinking or something
you get back here soon ok? :)
Tim chou