Saturday, November 6, 2010

On B.o.B

Here's the update as promised.

Some of you may have already known that Emory held its annual Fall Band Party aka the B.o.B Concert two weeks ago, and if not, now you do! Being an Emory student, I only had to exercise my student rights (no cost & free food! By the way, this defines the prerequisites for 90% of all college events.) to seize this opportunity. News of the event spread like wildfire within the greater Atlanta community and beyond, especially since Bobby Ray himself actually hails from the ATL.

My friends and I were wise enough to arrive early and were therefore able to get an optimal location in front of the center stage. Those who weren't as wise piled behind us, and although they may justify their decision by talking about the physical discomfort of having no personal bubble, one must take into account the visual gratification rendered by standing just 10 feet in front of B.o.B, among other performers. Amidst the hype of everything, I managed to snap some poor quality (but nonetheless candid) pictures from the concert:

B.o.B and his crew :D

Trippy picture of the massive crowd

Of course, we were unaware of the fact that B.o.B himself wouldn't be appearing until around 10 (concert started a little past 7 with @.@). But such was no turn-off because not only was B.o.B awesome, there was also a surprise guest appearance that made the wait completely worthwhile. Now drumroll for the announcement...

*Drumroll*

T.I.!!!!!!!!!!

Normally I wouldn't be so excited about any celeb but this was an exception. Let me say emphasize that he was supposed to be in jail and didn't plan any concerts, and thus we were one the last people to see him perform before he returned to jail for his 11-month probation sentence. Double win. HECK YEAH!

So there you have it, not only an update on one of the highlighted collegial events here but also an incentive to come to Emory ;) Talk about two birds one stone.

4 comments:

  1. wow...i'm jealous
    not because i'm into t.i. or b.o.b. or anything, but your event/concert is mentioned on wikipedia "T.I. and B.o.B. surprised the students at Emory University in Atlanta, GA with an unexpected performance." grr...

    to me wikipedia is like the gold standard...i still have not attended any events that have made it onto wikipedia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was informed too that the event made it to wikipedia. I'm surprised you haven't been to similar ones hosted by harvard I'm disappointed >=p Don't you wish you came to Emory instead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh ur sooo luckkkyyy!!! you went to a concerrttt!! ^^ maybe one day i can go to a super junior concert ^^ hahaha <3 u momm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >.< Super Junior is a little different from B.o.B...

    ReplyDelete