Friday, January 14, 2011

On 18

As expected, break sped past like a transient breeze. Fortunately, however, due to recent "severe weather" in the South (aka ~3 inches of snow that iced the roads), the first three days of classes were canceled. Consequently, as an Emory student, we now have a six-day weekend immediately following our winter break. Of course, the extra week would've been much better spent at home but I'm not one to complain because:

My roommate & friends actually threw me a surprise party upon my return on Thursday. To be honest usually I can see these kind of things coming, but this time I was really surprised >.<. I'll let the pictures do the illustrating, but long story short, it's good to be back to my home away from home.

Few of the many pink balloons... and giant Cinnamoroll from friend :)

Some of the streamers...

...with which they proceeded to wrap my chair and laptop as gifts

The over-sized birthday ice cream cake (that still resides in our fridge) :D Although I soon fell victim to being caked...

The roomies! But also notably, our Birthday Bitch banner and The Situation poster (from another friend) that extols my Jersey pride

And lastly, the happy group picture :)

On a more serious note, being 18 is like walking past yet another milestone. The entrance to adulthood is a bittersweet one as it inevitably implies my departures from childhood and adolescence. Somehow I've always been in the middle of being young and old; amongst my classmates I've always been one of the youngest yet with everyone else I'm usually the "elderly." Regardless, although there are still mixed feelings with becoming 18, it definitely marks a turning point of unlocked possibilities.

And no guys, I don't mean clubbing -_-.

1 comment: